If you’re an accountant looking for self assessment tax software there are a few things you need to consider. You don’t just want to take a software package on just because it does what you want – you should want it to do more. The better a software package is, the more productive and profitable your business can become, as things become quicker and easier.
When you are deciding which self assessment tax software package you want, you might want to consider whether it offers all of the things here, from a functionality point of view:
- Extensive Practice Management functionality
- A comprehensive and unlimited central client database
- An option to be networkable to multiple users
- Unlimited support
- The benefit of being able to complete unlimited Individual, Partnership, Trust and Corporation Tax returns
On top of this, you want to find yourself a provider that offers:
- Minimal price increases, year-on-year
- Unlimited support
- A clear, understandable contract that doesn’t contain lengthy break away clauses
- No hidden extras – you pay for what you want
- No complicated ladder pricing – who wants to pay more just because they are successful anyway? This is one of the most common things you will come across, as a lot of software providers insist on including this in their contracts as it will obviously bring them more money in if you’re earning more.
If you’re looking for these things, you will invariably be able to find a variety of providers that profess they can, but sometimes things aren’t always as they seem. You might find that what you’ve been told isn’t true, or you may end up being in a contract with a hefty get-out clause. Whatever it is, there is usually something and it is hard to find a company that give you everything. That said, they are out there.
One company that are focussed on providing their customers with the best package possible when it comes to self assessment tax software is BTC Software, and they provide everything listed above and more!
BTC Software have been in operation for 20 years and have a fantastic reputation within the accounting industry, so why not give them a try? Find them at https://www.btcsoftware.co.uk where you will find a whole host of information about what they can offer and what they provide by way of support. If you have any questions or queries, the team there at BTC software are contactable and are more than willing to speak with you to ensure that you have full peace of mind before committing to purchasing off them.